More THANKS to those that share & a little horn tooting

More THANKS to those that share & a little horn tooting

Postby 2x4b4fun » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Quote from jmarkauduio from old MSV board

Balancing and maintaining the fuel temp, engine temp and spark plug heat range will be a key in consistency and performance.”

Tuner Quote from saved Shrinker & Tuner Files

“The bottom line is, if you want your own engine to run as well as it can, you have to tune it yourself (or pay). Many people enjoy the journey as much as the destination (Farvergnugen!!).”

I first started searching for answers in the mid 2000’s for fouling plugs, too rich 1050’s on a tunnel ram. I think on the old Innovate board is where I first came across the 2 circuit conversion using 4150 blocks. Along with that was info about lowering the idle fuel restriction and enlarging the main well cross feed. Tried it on 2 9375’s on gas and got excellent results. Our little team had 3 cars at the time and fuel expense was getting to be an issue. So I started investigating E85 and found information all over the board. Somewhere about 2011-12 I found the old MSV board and jmarkaudio, Nomad, Shrinker (RIP), Tuner and others I can’t recall sharing their experiences and info, including dyno tests, to anyone who asked. I’ve followed these guys as much as possible now to this board and still revert to the tuner-shrinker saved files and other old boards for answers. I’ve not always had successful builds on E85 (usually my fault) but several that do do well. About 5 tunnel ram E85 setups and a few 4500 and 4150 conversions. Purely a hobby for me and low key. My dragster by another driver has been to the IHRA world final 3 times now on E85 and reached 3rd place once. This year I decided to join the points system again, after laying off for a year or so, at our track and make a run for it. My car has been deadly consistent (the same 2 9375’s) this year on E85 and garnered the track championship and then on to the IHRA world finals 10/16/21 and this is the end result. (dialed 5.27 first 2 passes 5.278 and 5.278 then a cylinder miss firing on #3 for a 5.291 dialed 5.29 and got--5.291--5.290--5.289)

THANKS AGAIN to all that share!

George
2x4b4fun

Return to Intro